Online High School World History Course
Delve deep into the annals of our shared human legacy with Excel High School's comprehensive World History course. Spanning from the earliest civilizations to the intricacies of our modern world, this course masterfully chronicles the multifaceted journey of humanity. Venture through the tapestry of ancient civilizations that thrived in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, and witness the crescendos of economic, political, and social revolutions that have defined epochs.
By harnessing recurring themes, such as the intricacies of social history, the pillars of democratic governance, and the harmonious interplay between history and the arts, students are not only exposed to events but also the deeper undercurrents that connect eras and civilizations. Such a thematic approach empowers learners to establish resonant links between yesteryears and today, interweaving cultures and fostering an appreciation for diverse perspectives. With Excel High School's World History course, students don't merely learn history—they experience it, understanding the myriad influences and narratives that collectively sketch the vast mosaic of our global heritage. Embrace this journey, and uncover the stories, triumphs, and lessons that have shaped the world we inhabit today.
High School World History
This course examines the major events and turning points of world history from ancient times to the present. Students investigate the development of classical civilizations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, and they explore the economic, political, and social revolutions that have transformed human history. The use of recurring themes, such as social history, democratic government, and the relationship between history and the arts, allows students to draw connections between the past and the present, among cultures, and among multiple perspectives.
Textbook: World History © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout this course, students will meet the following goals:
• Investigate the development of civilization in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas and
explore how societies change over time.
• Analyze technological, political, social, and economic revolutions in world history.
• Explore and analyze historical conflicts and challenges between nations to present day.
- Module 1 The Rise of Ancient Civilizations
- Module 2 Classical Traditions & Belief Systems
- Module 3 Rise and Fall of Medieval Civilization
- Module 4 Zones of Exchange/Rise of Globalization
- Module 5 The Italian Renaissance
- Module 6 Pre-Reformation Movements
- Module 7 Religious Reformation
- Module 8 Europe in the 16th Century
- Module 9 Colonial Expansion & European Revolts
- Module 10 French Influence on Europe
- Module 11 Science, Industrialism/Enlightenment
- Module 12 Societal Changes in the 1800s
- Module 13 Nationalism’s Political Influence
- Module 14 World War I
- Module 15 The Ending/Aftermath of WWI
- Module 16 World Government & Conflicts
- Module 17 World War II
- Module 18 WWII’s End & Fallout
- Module 19 Cold War’s Conclusion/Africa
- Module 20 The Middle East & Asia
- Module 21 Asia & Latin America
- Module 22 Central & South America
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).