Online Middle School English 6 Course
Middle School English 6 at Excel High School is an engaging course that builds a solid foundation in language arts. This course is designed to enhance students' abilities in reading, writing, critical thinking, and research. Students will explore various genres, including novels, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, applying reading strategies to understand and analyze these texts. The course emphasizes improving writing skills for different purposes, from crafting personal narratives to undertaking research projects.
Students will learn to comprehend and compare texts, use evidence from readings, and apply context clues to enhance understanding. Additionally, they will develop a strong grasp of English grammar and conventions. The course's interactive approach, with notebook responses and independent practice, ensures that students can confidently express their ideas and thoughts in writing. The ultimate aim is to increase literacy and writing proficiency, preparing students for future academic challenges.
Middle School English 6
English 6 is a comprehensive language arts course designed to create effective readers and writers. This course targets students’ growth in the areas of reading strategies, critical thinking skills, writing skills, and research skills. Student knowledge of literary elements and written responses are sharpened through ample examples and independent practice. Utilizing a novel, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry students engage in reading strategies and comprehension practice. A culminating research project enables students to synthesize reading, research, and writing skills. The overall goal of the class is to increase the literacy and writing ability of students.
Textbook: English 6 - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Demonstrate comprehension of fiction and nonfiction texts.
- Compare and contrast different genres.
- Develop writing skills for a variety of purposes.
- Demonstrate routine writing through interactive notebook responses.
- Demonstrate command of conventions of English grammar and usage.
- Apply strategies of using context clues.
- Use text evidence to analyze, infer, and synthesize ideas.
- Investigate sources of information.
- Construct a personal narrative and research project.
- Chapter 1: Literary Elements, Part 1
- Chapter 2: Language Skills
- Chapter 3: Novel Reading – Black Beauty
- Chapter 4: Literary Elements, Part 2
- Chapter 5: Midterm Exam
- Chapter 6: Autobiography and Biography
- Chapter 7: Classic Literature – Short Stories
- Chapter 8: Writing Skills
- Chapter 9: Research Skills
- Chapter 10: Literary Summaries
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).