High School Introduction to Accounting Course
Excel High School's Introduction to Accounting course offers a foundational understanding of the essential principles of accounting, preparing students for collegiate business courses and entry-level positions in accounting and bookkeeping. Through this online program, students will learn to manage financial records, develop detailed financial reports, gain a deeper insight into business operations, and understand the intricacies of payroll and tax regulations.
As students progress, they will master the language of business, with focused instruction on reading and interpreting financial statements, controlling and reporting financial components, and developing a sound financial basis for accounting decisions. The course emphasizes not only the technical skills required in accounting but also the ethical considerations and professional attitudes necessary to succeed in the business world.
Whether you're aiming to jumpstart a career in finance or seeking to enrich your understanding of business operations, our Introduction to Accounting course provides the tools and knowledge to achieve your goals. With our comprehensive, accredited curriculum, students emerge well-prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the business world.
Introduction to Accounting
Accounting is the language of business. After completing this course, you will have a major advantage when taking college accounting and possess the skills necessary for entry-level accounting and bookkeeping careers. During the course of the semester you will: prepare financial records, develop financial reports, enhance your general knowledge of business, and learn payroll and taxes.
Textbook: Accounting (Boundless CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Understand the basic principles of Accounting.
- Develop skills for reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Understand the importance of controlling and reporting various financial components.
- Acquire the capability for developing sound financial basis for accounting.
- Develop appropriate attitudes and the necessary ethics business accounting..
- Module 1: Introduction to Accounting
- Module 2: Accounting Information and the Cycle
- Module 3: Overview of Financial Statements
- Module 4: Cash & Receivables
- Module 5: Controlling & Reporting of Inventories
- Module 6: Controlling & Reporting of Real Assets
- Module 7: Control & Report of Intangible Assets
- Module 8: Valuation & Reporting of Investments
- Module 9: Current & Contingent Liabilities
- Module 10: The Time Value of Money
- Module 11: Reporting of Long-Term Liabilities
- Module 12: Reporting of Stockholders' Equity
- Module 13: Review of the Income Statement
- Module 14: Review of Statement of Cash Flows
- Module 15: Special Topics in Accounting
- Module 16: Analyzing Financial Statements
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).