This course gives students a comprehensive understanding of the common practices and challenges in managing restaurants and hotels. Students will learn about the different types of restaurants and hotels, including their structure and operations. They will also understand the importance of internal and external guest satisfaction and the hard and soft skills needed to be successful. Upon completing this course, students will gain a solid foundation in restaurant and hotel management, helping to prepare them for careers in the hospitality industry.
Textbook: Hotel & Restaurant Management © Excel Education Systems, Inc. – 2023
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- • Differentiate between different types of hotels and restaurants.
- • Identify the major types of hotel ownership.
- • Describe the major operating and supporting departments of hotels.
- • Describe the major operating and supporting departments of restaurants.
- • Distinguish between internal and external guest satisfaction and describe some methods used to increase customer satisfaction.
- • Explain the ways technology has changed in the hotel and restaurant industries.
- 1. Types of Hotels and Restaurants
- 2. Hotel Operating Departments
- 3. Hotel Supporting Departments
- 4. Hotel Ownership Structure
- 5. Restaurant Operating Departments
- 6. Restaurant Supporting Departments
- 7. Internal and External Guest Satisfaction
- 8. Important Skills for Success
- 9. Industry Technologies
- 10. Challenges in Hotel and Restaurant Management
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Project……… 35%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)