Online High School Public Speaking Course
Excel High School's Public Speaking course offers a comprehensive introduction to the art and skill of effective speech communication. Designed to equip students with the practical know-how of public speaking, this course addresses common challenges such as speaker anxiety and the strategic use of visual aids to enhance presentations. The overarching goal is to prepare students for success across a wide range of public speaking scenarios, from formal presentations to impromptu speeches.
Throughout this course, students will learn to plan and prepare speeches for various purposes, whether to inform, persuade, or address a special occasion. Emphasis is placed on the use of presentation aids to enhance the impact and clarity of their messages. A significant aspect of the course involves teaching students how to structure their speeches logically and comprehensively, ensuring that their message is conveyed effectively and memorably.
The course objectives extend to conducting meaningful research, audience analysis, speech evaluation, and effective listening skills. Students will gain the ability to critically assess speeches using a variety of verbal and non-verbal criteria and understand the intricacies of the communication process. This course is not only about speaking confidently but also about crafting messages that resonate and influence audiences.
High School Public Speaking
This course is an introduction to speech communication which emphasizes the practical skill of public speaking, including techniques to lessen speaker anxiety, and the use of visual aids to enhance speaker presentations. This course’s goal is to prepare students for success in typical public speaking situations and to provide them with the basic principles of organization and research needed for effective speeches.
Textbook: Public Speaking Boundless 4.0
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Plan and prepare speeches that inform, persuade or fulfill the needs of a special occasion.
- Use presentation aids to enhance your speeches.
- Outline your speeches in a logical and thorough fashion.
- Conduct meaningful research on a variety of topics.
- Analyze your audience and design speeches to reflect your analysis.
- Evaluate speeches based on a variety of verbal and non-verbal criteria.
- Listen effectively, regardless of your interest in the subject matter.
- Understand and explain the communication process.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Public Speaking
- Chapter 2: Public Speaking Ethics
- Chapter 3: Preparing the Speech Outline
- Chapter 4: Building Confidence to Speak
- Chapter 5: Learning to Listen
- Chapter 6: Choosing a Topic
- Chapter 7: Analyzing the Audience
- Chapter 8: Topic Research
- Chapter 9: Supporting Your Ideas
- Chapter 10: Organizing and Outlining the Speech
- Chapter 11: Wording the Speech
- Chapter 12: Delivering the Speech
- Chapter 13: Informative Speaking
- Chapter 14: Persuasive Speaking
- Chapter 15: Methods of Persuasive Speaking
- Chapter 16: Preparing and Using Visual Aids
- Chapter 17: Special Occasions
- Chapter 18: Speaking in and for Groups
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).