High School Public Speaking Online
This course is an introduction to speech communication which emphasizes the practical skill of public speaking, including techniques to lessen speaker anxiety, and the use of visual aids to enhance speaker presentations. This course’s goal is to prepare students for success in typical public speaking situations and to provide them with the basic principles of organization and research needed for effective speeches.
Textbook: Public Speaking Boundless 4.0
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Plan and prepare speeches that inform, persuade or fulfill the needs of a special occasion.
- Use presentation aids to enhance your speeches.
- Outline your speeches in a logical and thorough fashion.
- Conduct meaningful research on a variety of topics.
- Analyze your audience and design speeches to reflect your analysis.
- Evaluate speeches based on a variety of verbal and non-verbal criteria.
- Listen effectively, regardless of your interest in the subject matter.
- Understand and explain the communication process.
Ch 1 Introduction to Public Speaking
Ch 2 Public Speaking Ethics
Ch 3 Preparing the Speech Outline
Ch 4 Building Confidence to Speak
Ch 5 Learning to Listen
Ch 6 Choosing a Topic
Ch 7 Analyzing the Audience
Ch 8 Topic Research
Ch 9 Supporting Your Ideas
Ch 10 Organizing and Outlining the Speech
Ch 11 Wording the Speech
Ch 12 Delivering the Speech
Ch 13 Informative Speaking
Ch 14 Persuasive Speaking
Ch 15 Methods of Persuasive Speaking
Ch 16 Preparing and Using Visual Aids
Ch 17 Special Occasions
Ch 18 Speaking in and for Groups
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Final Exam ………………. 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)