High School Astronomy Course
Embark on a cosmic journey with Excel High School's online Astronomy course. This introductory course is your gateway to the stars, offering a robust exploration of celestial phenomena such as the radiant dance of planets and moons, the fiery life cycles of stars, and the sprawling majesty of galaxies. You'll not only glean knowledge about these cosmic entities but also gain insight into cutting-edge topics that shape our current understanding of the cosmos. With a curriculum that extends to the fascinating realms of space travel, the marvels of the Hubble Telescope, the pioneering International Space Station, and the enigmatic concepts of wormholes and dark matter, this course is tailored to ignite a lifelong passion for the stars.
The course objectives serve as stepping stones to a comprehensive understanding of astronomical principles, focusing on the pivotal role of the solar system and the sun in the grand tapestry of space. You'll delve into the galaxy's wonders, unravel the mysteries of supernovas, quasars, pulsars, black holes, and wormholes, and even venture into the theoretical possibilities of time travel. The course also sheds light on the tools and techniques used by astronomers to decipher the night sky, providing you with a foundation that could inspire a career in this exhilarating field.
High School Astronomy
This introductory Astronomy course offers the student an opportunity to explore the basics of celestial bodies and phenomena, such as planets, moons, stars, nebulae, galaxies, and comets. This course includes career exploration in Astronomy, in addition to presenting current day topics in this quickly changing field. Additional enhancement topics covered are: Space Travel, The Hubble Telescope, The International Space Station, Wormholes, Dark Matter, and Special Relativity.
Textbook: Astronomy - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020
- Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the basic principles of astronomy, and the solar system’s role in astronomy.
- Explain the basic astronomy concepts in relation to the sun, and the important role the sun has in the solar system.
- Describe the basic principles of astronomy in relation to the galaxy.
- Explore and explain the tools that are used by astronomers.
- Describe various astrological phenomena, such as supernovas, quasars, pulsars, black holes, and wormholes.
- Apply astronomy concepts to explain the theories of time travel.
- Chapter 1: Astronomy Basics
- Chapter 2: Planets in the Solar System
- Chapter 3: Neptune, Pluto, and Comets
- Chapter 4: Tools of Astronomers and The Milky Way Galaxy
- Chapter 5: Formation of The Milky Way and Stars
- Chapter 6: Astronomical Phenomena
- Chapter 7: Cosmology
- Chapter 8: Advanced Topics in Astronomy
- Chapter 9: Einstein’s Contributions to Astronomy
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).