World Geography Online Course Syllabus
This course examines how human behavior is influenced by Earth’s geographic make-up, the active processes of the planet, and Earth’s physical features. Students will study the various nations and cultures that occupy Earth’s diverse continents and regions. In addition to Earth’s lands and oceans, this course explores how its climate and geographical features have shaped the culture and economy of the people in specific regions.
Textbook: World Geography - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
- Describe ways that the study of geography attempts to organize the world.
- Explain the two main branches of geography and their uses.
- Describe how mapmakers use special kinds of maps to organize the world.
- List and describe Earth’s main energy resources and discuss how they are used.
- Identify the geographical, historical, and cultural characteristics of Earth’s main regions.
- Describe the geography of the world's most popular languages.
Module 1: Study of Geography & Earth Science
Module 2: Earth Science
Module 3: World Resources, Biomes, and Culture
Module 4: The United States and Canada
Module 5: Mexico and Central America
Module 6: South America
Module 7: Europe
Module 8: Europe (Continued)
Module 9: The Balkan Countries and Russia
Module 10: Central and Southwest Asia
Module 11: The Mediterranean and Africa
Module 12: Africa (Continued)
Module 13: Australia and New Zealand
Module 14: The Pacific Islands and India
Module 15: India (Continued)
Module 16: China
Module 17: China (Continued) and Japan
Module 18: Southeast Asia
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments.......... 35%
Final Exam ………………..... 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)