High School U.S. Government Course
Dive into the very fabric of American democracy with Excel High School's U.S. Government course. Designed to provide a robust foundation, this course immerses students in the intricate workings and principles of the United States government, drawing its inspiration from the revered U.S. Constitution. Beginning with a deep exploration into the philosophical underpinnings of our nation, students will journey through the transformative amendments, honing in on the pivotal rights and liberties that underscore American identity. Furthermore, this course elucidates the influence of the U.S. Constitution on landmark Supreme Court decisions, demonstrating its enduring relevance.
Venturing beyond foundational knowledge, students will delve into the intricate dance between political parties, media, and the evolving landscape of U.S. foreign policy. Enriched with contemporary examples, this course doesn’t merely recount history—it bridges the past to the present, offering students a dynamic understanding of the ongoing American narrative. Engage with us, and unearth the complexities, triumphs, and challenges that define U.S. government both at home and on the global stage.
High School U.S. Government
The purpose of this course is to provide students with a foundational understanding of the principles and functions of the United States government. Students will learn about the structure of the U.S. government and our democratic process through analysis of the U.S. Constitution. Beginning with the origins and founding principles of American government, this course then examines amendments with a special emphasis on fundamental rights and liberties. Modules also examine influential Supreme Court decisions to demonstrate the impact and importance of constitutional rights. The course concludes with the role and impact of political parties and media in the United States. This course provides abundant contemporary examples, which provide students with modern-day connections, in the U.S. and around the world.
Textbook: United States Government, CK-12
- Analyze the philosophical principals of government which influence the United States government
- Investigate the structure and corresponding implications of the United States Constitution
- Analyze the United States Constitution and its influence on Supreme Court decisions
- Compare the structures and procedures of national, state, and local governments in the United States
- Describe the historical development of civil rights and liberties protected by the United States Constitution
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary issues in world affairs and evaluate the role and impact of United States foreign policy
- Identify current United States political processes, policies, and issues
- Module 1: Political Theory and the U.S. Constitution
- Module 2: The Constitution
- Module 3: The Federalist System
- Module 4: Three Branches of Government
- Module 5: Government Policies
- Module 6: The Political Process
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).