High School U.S. History Course
Embark on a captivating journey through time with Excel High School's accredited U.S. History course, meticulously designed to provide students with a holistic understanding of the nation's past. From the riveting Era of Exploration to the dynamic complexities of modern times, this course artfully navigates the major events and pivotal moments that have sculpted the American narrative. With a keen focus on authenticity and depth, our curriculum dives deep into the annals of history, ensuring students emerge with a profound appreciation for the forces and figures that have steered the course of this great nation.
Through an interactive approach, students are exposed to an array of primary sources, encouraging critical thinking, and fostering a spirit of inquiry. By meticulously researching events and analyzing original documents, learners will cultivate a nuanced understanding of U.S. history, discerning the myriad factors that have given shape to America's diverse tapestry. Excel High School's U.S. History course isn't just a recount of dates and events—it's an invitation to understand, reflect upon, and be inspired by the stories that have paved the way for present-day America. Join us on this enriching voyage, and gain a thorough and insightful grasp of U.S. historical landscapes.
High School U.S. History
This course presents a cohesive and comprehensive overview of the history of the United States, surveying the major events and turning points of U.S. history as it moves from the Era of Exploration through modern times. As students examine each era of history, they will analyze primary sources and carefully research events to gain a clearer understanding of the factors that have shaped U.S. history.
Textbook: U.S. History © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2023
Throughout this course, students will gain an understanding of the following concepts:
- Assess the political development of the United States, including the influence of democratic ideals, the changing role of government, and the modern two-party system.
- Explore the evolution of American culture and society, including the role of reform movements, from the colonial era to the present.
- Trace the economic development of the U.S. from an agrarian to an industrial economy.
- Chapter 1: Ancient America Before 1492
- Chapter 2: European Encounters with the New World
- Chapter 3: Britain and the Settling of the Colonies
- Chapter 4: Expansion of the Colonies
- Chapter 5: The Colonial Crisis
- Chapter 6: The American Revolution
- Chapter 7: Founding a Nation
- Chapter 8: The Federalist Era
- Chapter 9: Securing the Republic
- Chapter 10: Democracy in America
- Chapter 11: The Market Revolution
- Chapter 12: Religion, Romanticism, Cultural Reform
- Chapter 13: Westward Movement and Manifest Destiny
- Chapter 14: Slavery in the Antebellum U.S.
- Chapter 15: A House Dividing
- Chapter 16: The Civil War
- Chapter 17: Reconstruction
- Chapter 18: The Gilded Age
- Chapter 19: The Progressive Age
- Chapter 20: World War 1
- Chapter 21: The Roaring Twenties
- Chapter 22: The New Deal
- Chapter 23: From Isolation to World War II
- Chapter 24: The Cold War
- Chapter 25: Politics and Culture of Abundance
- Chapter 26: The Sixties
- Chapter 27: The Conservative Turn of America
- Chapter 28: Bush, Clinton, and a Changing World
- Chapter 29: America in the 21st Century
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).