Online High School Sports Medicine Course
Diving into the dynamic realm of sports medicine, athletic training, and physical therapy, this course offers students a comprehensive introduction to the foundational knowledge required in these fields. It meticulously covers crucial aspects—from the prevention of sports-related injuries to their recognition, offering immediate first aid, and charting out a robust rehabilitation process. Emphasis is placed on understanding body systems, basic physiology, and the nuances of proper exercise techniques, setting the stage for a career dedicated to wellness and recovery.
Throughout the curriculum, students will decipher the intricate definitions and varied careers that fall under the umbrella of sports medicine. They'll delve into the joint-by-joint theory, understanding the implications of repetitive motions on long-term health. Rehabilitation theories, range of motion, and factors affecting muscle stiffness will further deepen their comprehension. By defining and calculating essential metrics like resting heart rate, maximum heart rate, BMI, and understanding the FIT Principle, students are equipped with the tools to offer personalized athletic care. Additionally, the course offers a detailed study of potential injuries in the upper body, midsection, and lower body, ensuring students are adept at identifying and managing a range of athletic injuries.
High School Sports Medicine
This course is designed as an introduction to the fields of sports medicine, athletic training, and physical therapy. Students will gain exposure to the basic information relevant to the prevention, recognition, first aid, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Body systems, basic physiology, and proper exercise techniques are also covered.
Textbook:Sports Medicine © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Define sports medicine and describe several different careers in the sports medicine field.
- Explain the joint-by-joint theory and discuss the long-term impact of repetitive motion.
- List the four progressions in rehabilitation theories.
- Describe range of motion and discuss the different factors that can affect it.
- List and explain the four factors that contribute to stiffness in muscle tissues.
- Define resting heart rate, maximum heart rate, and training heart rate and discuss how each one is calculated.
- Define body mass index (BMI), describe how it is calculated and discuss the limitations of BMI calculations.
- Describe the FIT Principle.
- Identify the parts of the upper body, midsection, and lower body, and explain the various injuries that can occur in each of the parts
- Introduction to Sports Medicine
- Fitness Indicators
- Movement & Muscle
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Skeletal Systems
- Skeletal, Muscular, & Central Nervous Systems
- Planning for Physical Fitness
- Injuries of the Upper Body
- Injuries of the Body's Midsection
- Injuries of the Lower Body
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).