Sports Medicine Online High School Course
This course is designed as an introduction to the fields of sports medicine, athletic training, and physical therapy. Students will gain exposure to the basic information relevant to the prevention, recognition, first aid, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Body systems, basic physiology, and proper exercise techniques are also covered.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Define sports medicine and describe several different careers in the sports medicine field.
- Explain the joint-by-joint theory and discuss the long-term impact of repetitive motion.
- List the four progressions in rehabilitation theories.
- Describe range of motion and discuss the different factors that can affect it.
- List and explain the four factors that contribute to stiffness in muscle tissues.
- Define resting heart rate, maximum heart rate, and training heart rate and discuss how each one is calculated.
- Define body mass index (BMI), describe how it is calculated and discuss the limitations of BMI calculations.
- Describe the FIT Principle.
- Identify the parts of the upper body, midsection, and lower body, and explain the various injuries that can occur in each of the parts
1: Introduction to Sports Medicine
2: Fitness Indicators
3: Movement & Muscle
4: Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Skeletal Systems
5: Skeletal, Muscular, & Central Nervous Systems
6: Planning for Physical Fitness
7: Injuries of the Upper Body
8: Injuries of the Body's Midsection
9: Injuries of the Lower Body
Written Assignments......... 35%
Final Exam............................. 30%
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)