Online Middle School Global Studies Syllabus
This social studies course covers a wide range of topics involving the history, culture, and economies of various regions around the world. After taking this course, students will develop a better understanding of what makes each world region unique and appreciate the origins of the people who came from each of the regions. Geography and map lessons are also included in this course.
Textbook: Global Studies - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the interdependence among early civilizations.
- Describe the history, culture, and economies of various regions around the world.
- Explain the tools and techniques used to collect, classify, and analyze data to make geographic inferences and predictions.
- Describe the information included in the key to a map and how to interpret that information on the map itself.
- Explain how economic opportunity impacts cultural diffusion and regional differences.
- Describe how various international organizations influence the global economy.
1: Ancient Civilizations
2: Major Civilizations of the Eastern Hemisphere
3: Global Systems of Migration, Trade/Technology
4: Global Climate and Natural Resources
5: Understanding Maps
6: Focus on Southeast Asia
8: Focus on China
9: Japan and Korea – History and Culture
10: Global Economics and Trade
11: Main Types of Economies in the World
12: Economies of Specific Regions
13: American and Global Organizations
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Chapter Quizzes…………. 35%
Written Assignments……. 35%
Mid-Term/Final Exams…. 30%