Internet Safety and Study Skills Middle School - Course Syllabus
This Internet Safety and Study Skills course is packed full of important, useful information as middle school students take online courses. We want our students to be as successful as possible, while also staying safe online, and this course is specifically designed to help them do just that! The first part of this course teaches the students how to stay safe (virtually) while completing their schooling online. The second part of this course provides helpful hints and tips on how to effectively study and prepare for academic success at Excel Middle School.
Textbook: Internet Safety and Study Skills - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Define the three main components that went into the creation of the World Wide Web.
- Explain steps to ensure your safety when using social media.
- Explain ways to protect your privacy and personal data while using the Internet.
- Describe the difference between citizenship and digital citizenship.
- Explain the best ways to manage time, manage stress, organize materials, take notes, and prepare for quizzes and tests.
1: What is the Internet?
2: Finding Reliable Sites
3: Searching the Web
4: Proper Online Etiquette
6: Buying and Selling Online
7: Data & Privacy
8: Protecting Yourself Online
9: Using Information Found Online
10: Digital Citizenship
11: Types of Learners
12: Managing Your Schoolwork
13: Prioritizing and Organizing
14: Managing Tasks
15: Effective Note Taking
16: Reading Comprehension
17: Test-Taking Strategies
18: Roadblocks to Academic Success
19: Study Methods
20: Technology Aids
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Final Exam ……………….....30%