Review the student handbook for students’ rights and responsibilities. The material posted below is a helpful guideline for posting in online discussions.
What is considered good behavior online?
Communicating online is a big part of our everyday lives. It is important to understand the rules of online etiquette commonly referred to as Netiquette. Netiquette can be summarized by three simple rules:
- Remember that there is a human being on the other end of your communication
- Treat that human being with respect
- Do not transmit an online message that you would not be willing to communicate in a face to face environment.
Below are some student guidelines for the online class:
- Do not dominate any discussion.
- Do not use offensive language to students and staff.
- Never make fun of someone’s academic abilities.
- Use simple English.
- Use correct spelling and grammar.
- Share tips with others.
- Be open-minded and be willing to express even your opinion.
- Be aware of the Excel’s academic integrity policy.
- Think before you push the send button.
- Do not hesitate to ask for feedback.
- When in doubt, check with your instructor for clarification.
- As a general rule, respect instructors and fellow students.