Online Psychology Course High School
This course introduces high school students to the study of psychology and helps them master fundamental concepts in research, theory, and human behavior. Students analyze human growth, learning, personality, and behavior from the perspective of major theories within psychology. From a psychological point of view, students investigate the nature of being human as they build a comprehensive understanding of traditional psychological concepts and contemporary perspectives in the field. Course components include an introduction to the history, perspectives, and research of psychology; an understanding of topics such as the biological aspects of psychology, learning, and cognitive development; the stages of human development; aspects of personality and intelligence; the classification and treatment of psychological disorders; and psychological aspects of social interactions.
Textbook: Psychology Excel Education Systems, Inc. – 2022
Compare and contrast the various schools of psychological thought.
- Analyze biological, psychological, and social factors and how they work together in order to better understand psychology.
- Differentiate between sensation and perception.
- Differentiate between unlearned and learned behavior.
- Identify brain structures and various environmental and biological influences on personality.
- Define personality and discuss environmental and biological influences on personality.
- Describe the different types of psychotherapy.
|Semester A||Semester B|
|1: Introduction to Psychology||9: Thinking & Intelligence|
|2: Fields of Psychology||10: Motivation & Emotion|
|3: Research Methods||11: Personality|
|4: Sensation & Perception||12: Social Psychology|
|5: States of Consciousness||13: Psychological Disorders|
|6: Life Span Development||14: Treatment of Psychological Disorders|
|7: Learning||15: Stress & Health Psychology|
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Chapter Quizzes.............. 35%
Written Assignments... 35%
Final Exam......... 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)