Online Physical Science Syllabus
This course is designed to provide students the necessary skills to have a richer knowledge base in physical science. In addition to basic physical science concepts, this course also includes more abstract concepts such as the conceptualization of the structure of atoms, motion and forces, the conservation of energy and matter, the action/reaction principle, and wave behavior. In this course, students also investigate physical science concepts through engaging Virtual Labs.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
- Using the kinetic theory, describe the behavior of solids, liquids, and gases.
- Explain how energy is conserved during chemical reactions.
- Describe the properties of acids and bases.
- Make calculations involving speed, distance, time, slope, velocities, and acceleration.
- Explain and apply Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Describe concepts of physical science, such as: atomic models, simple machines, force, electromagnetism, buoyancy, work and energy, waves, light, and electricity.
1: Intro to Physical Science
2: Measurement Tools in Science
3: The Nature of Matter
4: Atomic and Quantum Theory
5: Basics of Chemistry
6: Chemical Equations and Reactions
7: Chemical Solutions
8: Acids and Bases
9: Nuclear Chemistry
10: Physics Basics
11: Newtonian Physics
12: How Does That Work? (Part 2)
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments..... 35%
Final Exam ………………..... 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)