Middle School Math 7 Syllabus
Math 7 focuses on improving skills and sense of numbers by exploring conceptual understanding, procedural skills, as well as algebraic problem-solving skills. The 7th grade standards have students studying: operations with positive and negative rational numbers, introductory algebra, solving equations, two and three-dimensional measurements, as well as probability. The first half of Math 7 covers numeric principles and properties, and introductory algebraic ideas. The second half of the course further explores algebraic concepts, introductory geometry, and probability.
Textbook: Math 7 - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Read, write, represent and compare positive and negative rational numbers.
- Perform calculations of positive and negative rational numbers to solve real-world problems.
- Use properties of algebra to generate equivalent numerical and algebraic expressions.
- Represent real-world and mathematical situations using equations with variables.
- Use the properties of equality to solve for the value of a variable in real-world problems.
- Calculate perimeter, area, and volume of two- and three-dimensional figures to solve real-world problems.
- Use mean, median, and range to draw conclusions about data and make predictions.
1: Integers and their Properties
2: Operations with Fractions
3: Applications of Fractions
4: Solving with Percentages
5: Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
6: Algebraic Expressions with Rational numbers
7: Solving Equations I
8: Solving Equations II
9: Solving Inequalities
10: Area and Perimeter
11: Volume of Solids
12: Probability and Statistics
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%