Online Middle School Global Studies Course
Delve into the captivating world of global cultures, economies, and histories with Excel Middle School's Global Studies course. This comprehensive social studies course invites young learners to explore the rich tapestry of the world's regions, uncovering the unique characteristics that define each area. From the ancient civilizations that laid the foundations of today's societies to the vibrant economic systems that drive global interactions, students gain invaluable insights into the interconnected nature of our world. The course is meticulously designed to foster a deep appreciation of diverse cultures and economies, illuminating the origins and development of various global regions.
Through engaging lessons and interactive content, students will journey through a variety of topics, including geography, map skills, and the study of early civilizations. Students will master key concepts such as the interdependence among civilizations, the intricacies of global economies, and the role of international organizations in shaping our world. With a focus on practical skills like data analysis and geographic inference, this course equips young minds to understand and appreciate the complexities of global dynamics. Whether exploring the climate and natural resources of different regions or delving into the economies of Southeast Asia and China, this course promises a rich and enlightening experience for middle school students.
Middle School Global Studies
This social studies course covers a wide range of topics involving the history, culture, and economies of various regions around the world. After taking this course, students will develop a better understanding of what makes each world region unique and appreciate the origins of the people who came from each of the regions. Geography and map lessons are also included in this course.
Textbook: Global Studies - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the interdependence among early civilizations.
- Describe the history, culture, and economies of various regions around the world.
- Explain the tools and techniques used to collect, classify, and analyze data to make geographic inferences and predictions.
- Describe the information included in the key to a map and how to interpret that information on the map itself.
- Explain how economic opportunity impacts cultural diffusion and regional differences.
- Describe how various international organizations influence the global economy.
- Chapter 1: Ancient Civilizations
- Chapter 2: Major Civilizations of the Eastern Hemisphere
- Chapter 3: Global Systems of Migration, Trade/Technology
- Chapter 4: Global Climate and Natural Resources
- Chapter 5: Understanding Maps
- Chapter 6: Focus on Southeast Asia
- Chapter 8: Focus on China
- Chapter 9: Japan and Korea – History and Culture
- Chapter 10: Global Economics and Trade
- Chapter 11: Main Types of Economies in the World
- Chapter 12: Economies of Specific Regions
- Chapter 13: American and Global Organizations
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).