High School Introduction to Coding Course
With Excel High School’s accredited curriculum, you're not only gearing up for a high school credit but also setting a strong foundation for future studies or a career in technology. Our expertly designed course aligns with industry demands, preparing you for the next step—whether that's further education or jumping straight into the tech world. Start coding your future today!
Introduction to Coding
This introductory Coding course presents the basic principles of programming, including
algorithms and logic. Students will engage in various programming interactivities that will
Textbook: Introduction to Coding © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the evolution of computing devices through the four generations.
- Define algorithm, variable, and syntax for programming languages.
- Examine common programming structures and logic, and programming languages.
- Analyze websites for effective use of HTML elements.
- Understand basic elements of Python by following project directions.
- Module 1: Computer Basics
- Module 2: The World of Computing
- Module 3: Introduction to HTML
- Module 4: Advanced Styles
- Module 7: Introduction to Python
- Module 8: More About Python
- Module 9: Coding for Projects
- Module 10: Coding for Projects II
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).