Nursing - Course Syllabus
This course provides the student with a broad introduction to what a career in Nursing entails. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing industries around the world today and is projected to continue growing quickly for decades to come. This course explains the history of the Nursing field, along with the different types of nursing careers that are available. The ethical and legal aspects involved with Nursing are also discussed, as well as information regarding body systems and today’s healthcare system.
Textbook: Nursing - Health Science - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2023
- Describe the historical growth and development of the nursing profession.
- Explain the formation of the formal nursing education system and nursing licensure process.
- Describe how philosophy is applied in the nursing field.
- Display a basic understanding of the current healthcare system.
- List and define the key ethical principles in nursing.
- List and describe the many different types of nursing careers.
- Display a basic understanding of the legal aspects that nursing involves.
- Describe the global impact of healthcare on society.
- The History of Nursing
- Philosophies of Nursing
- The Healthcare System
- Healthcare's Changing Landscape
- Careers in Nursing
- A day in the Life of a Nurse
- Nursing Ethics
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Body Systems - Part 1
- Body Systems - Part 2
- The Emergency Room (ER) Nurse
- The Operating Room (OR) Nurse
- The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse
- The Medical-Surgical Nurse
- The Rehabilitation Nurse
- Health and Wellness Lifestyles
- Legal Aspects of Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing (APRN)
- Global Impact of Healthcare (Part 1)
- Global Impact of Healthcare (Part 2)
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Chapter Quizzes…………. 35%
Written Assignments……. 35%
Mid-Term/Final Exams…. 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)