Online High School Nursing Course
At Excel High School, our Nursing course introduces students to the vibrant and vital realm of nursing—a profession at the forefront of healthcare's exponential growth. The course dives deep into the historical landmarks that have shaped the nursing profession, painting a vivid picture of its evolution over time. Using our textbook, "Nursing - Health Science" © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2023, students will understand the intricacies of formal nursing education and the subsequent licensure processes that bolster its authenticity.
The curriculum delves into the philosophical tenets that underpin the nursing field and their profound implications in real-world nursing practices. Students will gain a comprehensive understanding of the current healthcare system, elucidating the many roles nurses play. The course meticulously covers the spectrum of ethical considerations inherent to nursing, highlighting its noble and delicate nature. Furthermore, students are exposed to the varied career pathways within nursing, each promising a unique vocation. Emphasis is also placed on the legal paradigms within which nursing operates, ensuring students are well-prepared and informed for a career that leaves an indelible mark on global healthcare.
High School Nursing
This course provides the student with a broad introduction to what a career in Nursing entails. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing industries around the world today and is projected to continue growing quickly for decades to come. This course explains the history of the Nursing field, along with the different types of nursing careers that are available. The ethical and legal aspects involved with Nursing are also discussed, as well as information regarding body systems and today’s healthcare system.
Textbook: Nursing - Health Science - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2023
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the historical growth and development of the nursing profession.
- Explain the formation of the formal nursing education system and nursing licensure process.
- Describe how philosophy is applied in the nursing field.
- Display a basic understanding of the current healthcare system.
- List and define the key ethical principles in nursing.
- List and describe the many different types of nursing careers.
- Display a basic understanding of the legal aspects that nursing involves.
- Describe the global impact of healthcare on society.
- The History of Nursing
- Philosophies of Nursing
- The Healthcare System
- Healthcare's Changing Landscape
- Careers in Nursing
- A day in the Life of a Nurse
- Nursing Ethics
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Body Systems - Part 1
- Body Systems - Part 2
- The Emergency Room (ER) Nurse
- The Operating Room (OR) Nurse
- The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse
- The Medical-Surgical Nurse
- The Rehabilitation Nurse
- Health and Wellness Lifestyles
- Legal Aspects of Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing (APRN)
- Global Impact of Healthcare (Part 1)
- Global Impact of Healthcare (Part 2)
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).