Middle School Media Arts Online - Course Syllabus
In this day and age, media arts are everywhere. This course provides an engaging introduction to the history and practical applications of media arts in our everyday lives. This is an “Arts and Design” course, and students will learn the basics concepts of digital media, web design, photography, audio/video production, animation, and other relevant applications used in today’s modern society. This course may enhance a student’s appreciation for the media they use every day, or it may even spark an interest in working with media arts as a career option.
Textbook: Media Arts - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Briefly describe the history of print, design, and media.
- Explain the five key principles of design and how they are used.
- Describe the fundamentals and applications of digital media and web design.
- List and describe the applications of various web-based tools used in blogs and wikis.
- Describe the history and application of various media arts, such as: photography, video, animation, and audio/video production.
1: What are Media Arts?
2: The Basics of Design
3: Digital Media and Web Design
4: The “Web 2.0”
5: Waves and Sound
6: Intro to Photography
7: Video Basics
8: Intro to Animation
9: Audio/Video Production
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Final Exam ……………….........30%