Mechanical Engineering High School Online
This introductory Mechanical Engineering course offers the student an opportunity to learn the basic components of the field of mechanical engineering. Topics covered include: Forces and Vectors, Mathematics used in Engineering, Mechanical Elements, Loads, Volumes, and Masses, Inertia and Axes, Beams, and Cables. This course also includes career exploration in the Mechanical Engineering field.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the difference between Science and Engineering.
- Explain the difference between two- and three-dimensional forces.
- Describe the crucial role mathematics plays in mechanical engineering.
- List and explain the basic mechanical elements engineers use.
- Describe the Pappus-Guldinus Theorems.
- Explain the important differences between the various types of loads.
- Identify potential careers in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
1: An Introduction to Forces and Vectors
2: Forces and Vectors in Depth
3: Mathematics Used in Engineering
4: Basic Mechanical Elements
5: Loads, Volumes, and Mass
6: Inertia and Axes
7: Forces Affecting Beams
8: Forces Affecting Cables
9: Mechanical Engineering Applications
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Final Exam ………………. 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)