STEM Mechanical Engineering Course
Dive into the fascinating world of mechanical engineering with Excel High School's comprehensive introductory course. Here, students uncover the intricate balance between science and engineering, exploring key concepts such as two- and three-dimensional forces and the vital role of mathematics in the field.
As participants journey through topics ranging from the nuances of loads to the Pappus-Guldinus Theorems, they'll gain invaluable insight into real-world applications and potential career paths within mechanical engineering. Supported by a specially designed textbook from Excel Education Systems, this course is tailored to not only provide essential technical knowledge to budding engineers but also to ignite a passion for the transformative power of mechanical engineering in our world.
STEM Mechanical Engineering
This introductory Mechanical Engineering course offers the student an opportunity to learn the basic components of the field of mechanical engineering. Topics covered include: Forces and Vectors, Mathematics used in Engineering, Mechanical Elements, Loads, Volumes, and Masses, Inertia and Axes, Beams, and Cables. This course also includes career exploration in the Mechanical Engineering field.
Textbook: STEM - Mechanical Engineering © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020
- Describe the difference between Science and Engineering.
- Explain the difference between two- and three-dimensional forces.
- Describe the crucial role mathematics plays in mechanical engineering.
- List and explain the basic mechanical elements engineers use.
- Describe the Pappus-Guldinus Theorems.
- Explain the important differences between the various types of loads.
- Identify potential careers in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Forces and Vectors
- Chapter 2: Forces and Vectors in Depth
- Chapter 3: Mathematics Used in Engineering
- Chapter 4: Basic Mechanical Elements
- Chapter 5: Loads, Volumes, and Mass
- Chapter 6: Inertia and Axes
- Chapter 7: Forces Affecting Beams
- Chapter 8: Forces Affecting Cables
- Chapter 9: Mechanical Engineering Applications
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).