High School Marine Science Course
Dive into the depths of our planet's most mysterious and expansive habitat with Excel High School's Marine Science course. This immersive experience brings the oceanic world to your fingertips, offering a comprehensive look at the multitude of life forms beneath the waves and the intricate ecosystems they inhabit. From the graceful glide of whales to the delicate dance of plankton, students will emerge with a profound understanding of marine biodiversity and the forces that sustain it.
This course delves into the dynamic physical aspects of marine environments, exploring the science behind tides, currents, and ocean depths. It also addresses the pressing environmental issues threatening these habitats, such as pollution, ocean acidification, and the challenges posed by invasive species. In addition to theoretical knowledge, students will gain insight into the various careers within marine science, highlighting the vast opportunities to contribute to this vital field.
Excel High School's Marine Science course not only educates but also inspires stewardship of our oceans. Students will learn about conservation efforts and the critical role humans play in preserving marine ecosystems for future generations. It's a call to action for young minds to engage with and protect the aquatic treasures that cover over seventy percent of our Earth's surface.
High School Marine Science
Marine Science takes a fascinating look at the various living and non-living aspects of marine life. Students will get the chance to learn more about numerous living organisms, including whales, otters, shore birds, sea snakes, sharks, and plankton. Lessons are also dedicated to the non-living characteristics of marine environments, such as what causes tides and what the different depths of the ocean look like. Topics include some challenges to marine life, such as ocean acidification, pollution, reduced biodiversity, and invasive species. Students will also learn about marine careers and the wide variety of specializations in the field.
Textbook: EHS Marine Science - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2023
- Describe the physical properties of the bodies of water, such as currents, waves, tides, and temperature.
- Explain the interrelationships between organisms in the marine ecosystem, such as predator-prey relationships and food chains.
- Describe the anatomy, taxonomic information, environment, and behavior of various marine organisms.
- Describe the geology of the ocean floor, including its composition, topography, and geological processes.
- Examine the impact of humans on marine ecosystems, as well as efforts to conserve and protect marine life and their habitats.
- Chapter 1: Our Earth
- Chapter 2: Geology of Earth's Oceans
- Chapter 3: Earth's Water
- Chapter 4: Characteristics of the Ocean
- Chapter 5: Ocean Waves and Tides
- Chapter 6: Currents
- Chapter 7: The Marine Environment
- Chapter 8: Plants of the Ocean
- Chapter 9: Marine Invertebrates and Mollusks
- Chapter 10: Ecosystems of the Ocean
- Chapter 11: Marine Fish
- Chapter 12: Marine Creatures
- Chapter 13: Marine Birds
- Chapter 14: Marine Mammals
- Chapter 15: Large & Unusual Marine Creatures
- Chapter 16: Fishing the Oceans
- Chapter 17: Ocean Water Quality
- Chapter 18: Impact of Climate Change
- Chapter 19: Oceans at Risk
- Chapter 20: Careers in Marine Sciences
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).