Life Skills Online High School Course
Life Skills is a unique, but important, course for students of all ages to take. Growing up and being an adult is not easy at times, and this course introduces topics to the students that they may not always hear about or are discussed with the people they are around. Topics include First Aid, Personal Safety and Security, Managing Finances, Relationships, Careers, and Personal Well-Being. There is value for students of any age in this relevant, one-credit, elective course.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the basic guideline of First Aid and its applications.
- Explain safety tips in a variety of situations.
- Describe various components of managing one’s finances. Such as budgeting, checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and retirement.
- Explain some common themes of maintaining healthy relationships with other people.
- Discuss the connection between education/training, career goals, and financial success.
- Describe the basics of personal well-being; exercise, sleep, managing stress, self-esteem, self-advocacy, and problem-solving.
1: Introduction to Life Skills
2: Safety and Security
3: Managing Your Finances
4: Relationships and Time Management
5: Aspects of Adulthood
6: Education and Careers
7: Navigating the Workplace
8: Career and Nutritional Goals
9: Personal Well-Being
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments...... 35%
Final Exam ………………..... 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)