High School Life Skills Course
Excel High School's Life Skills course is a practical guide to navigating the complexities of adulthood with confidence and savvy. This essential course takes students beyond the classroom, preparing them for real-world challenges ranging from financial management to personal safety, and relationship building. The one-credit elective is an invaluable addition to any student’s curriculum, providing life lessons that textbooks alone cannot teach.
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of First Aid, acquire critical safety tips for everyday situations, and dive into financial literacy with topics like budgeting, credit management, and planning for retirement. But it's not all about practical skills—this course also emphasizes personal development. Students will explore the art of maintaining healthy relationships, the importance of self-advocacy, and the power of effective problem-solving.
Whether planning for a future career, aiming for financial independence, or simply striving for personal well-being, the Life Skills course at Excel High School is a step toward empowered living. It's about equipping students with the tools they need for success in all facets of life, from professional ambitions to personal health and happiness.
High School Life Skills
Life Skills is a unique, but important, course for students of all ages to take. Growing up and being an adult is not easy at times, and this course introduces topics to the students that they may not always hear about or are discussed with the people they are around. Topics include First Aid, Personal Safety and Security, Managing Finances, Relationships, Careers, and Personal Well-Being. There is value for students of any age in this relevant, one-credit, elective course.
Textbook: Life Skills © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe the basic guideline of First Aid and its applications.
- Explain safety tips in a variety of situations.
- Describe various components of managing one’s finances. Such as budgeting, checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and retirement.
- Explain some common themes of maintaining healthy relationships with other people.
- Discuss the connection between education/training, career goals, and financial success.
- Describe the basics of personal well-being; exercise, sleep, managing stress, self-esteem, self-advocacy, and problem-solving.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Life Skills
- Chapter 2: Safety and Security
- Chapter 3: Managing Your Finances
- Chapter 4: Relationships and Time Management
- Chapter 5: Aspects of Adulthood
- Chapter 6: Education and Careers
- Chapter 7: Navigating the Workplace
- Chapter 8: Career and Nutritional Goals
- Chapter 9: Personal Well-Being
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).