High School Introduction to Business Course
Excel High School's Introduction to Business course is designed for students eager to understand the mechanics of the business world. This course lays the groundwork for understanding the real-world intricacies of business planning and execution. Students will gain insights into the foundational concepts of economics, the essentials of cost and profit, and the diverse structures of business types.
Through the course, students will develop key skills in managing finances, understanding taxation and credit, and the basics of funding a business venture. Additionally, they will learn about the societal impacts of business, how to spot a viable business opportunity, and the steps necessary to plan, implement, and market a business effectively.
By the end of this program, students will not only be able to design a business plan but also communicate effectively in the workplace and make informed decisions about financial risks and rewards. Excel High School's Introduction to Business course equips students with the knowledge and tools to turn concepts into action.
High School Introduction to Business
In this introductory course, students will learn the principles of business using real-world examples—learning what it takes to plan and launch a product or service in today’s fast-paced business environment. This course covers an introduction to economics, costs and profit, and different business types. Students are introduced to techniques for managing money, taxes, and credits, the basics of financing a business, how a business relates to society, how to identify a business opportunity; and techniques for planning, executing, and marketing a business plan.
Textbook: Introduction to Business (Boundless CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Understand basic economic principles
- Develop workplace communication skills
- Describe how businesses are structured and operated
- Design a business plan
- Weigh financial risks and rewards
- Module 1: Introduction to Business
- Module 2: Economics & Business
- Module 3: Business Ethics & Social Responsbility
- Module 4: International Business
- Module 5: Business Writing
- Module 6: Types of Business Ownership
- Module 7: Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Module 8: Management
- Module 9: Organizational Structure
- Module 10: Operations Management
- Module 11: Motivation Theories & Applications
- Module 12: Human Resource Management
- Module 13: Organized Labor Relations
- Module 14: Marketing and the Customer
- Module 15: Product & Pricing Strategies
- Module 16: Product Distribution
- Module 17: Marketing Communications
- Module 18: Financial Statements
- Module 19: Financial Management
- Module 20: Managing Information Tech
- Module 21: Functions of Money & Banking
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).