Middle School Internet Safety & Study Skills Course
In the digital age, where technology and education intersect, Excel Middle School's Internet Safety & Study Skills course offers an invaluable opportunity for students to navigate the online world safely and securely. This elective course is crafted to equip students with essential skills for thriving in an online learning environment. The initial segment of the course focuses on virtual safety, guiding students through the intricacies of responsible internet usage. It covers essential topics such as understanding the fundamentals of the World Wide Web, practicing safe social media habits, and protecting personal data and privacy online.
The course then transitions to the second segment, dedicated to honing effective study skills. This part is tailored to help students cultivate strategies for academic success at an online school. It delves into practical techniques for time management, stress management, material organization, note-taking, and preparing for quizzes and tests. These skills are not only vital for excelling in academic endeavors but also form the foundation for lifelong learning habits. By understanding the importance of digital citizenship, students learn to balance their online presence with their educational responsibilities, fostering a sense of responsibility and discipline.
Internet Safety & Study Skills
This Internet Safety and Study Skills course is packed full of important, useful information as middle school students take online courses. We want our students to be as successful as possible, while also staying safe online, and this course is specifically designed to help them do just that! The first part of this course teaches the students how to stay safe (virtually) while completing their schooling online. The second part of this course provides helpful hints and tips on how to effectively study and prepare for academic success at Excel Middle School.
Textbook: Internet Safety and Study Skills - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Define the three main components that went into the creation of the World Wide Web.
- Explain steps to ensure your safety when using social media.
- Explain ways to protect your privacy and personal data while using the Internet.
- Describe the difference between citizenship and digital citizenship.
- Explain the best ways to manage time, manage stress, organize materials, take notes, and prepare for quizzes and tests.
- Chapter 1: What is the Internet?
- Chapter 2: Finding Reliable Sites
- Chapter 3: Searching the Web
- Chapter 4: Proper Online Etiquette
- Chapter 5: Cybercrime
- Chapter 6: Buying and Selling Online
- Chapter 7: Data & Privacy
- Chapter 8: Protecting Yourself Online
- Chapter 9: Using Information Found Online
- Chapter 10: Digital Citizenship
- Chapter 11: Types of Learners
- Chapter 12: Managing Your Schoolwork
- Chapter 13: Prioritizing and Organizing
- Chapter 14: Managing Tasks
- Chapter 15: Effective Note Taking
- Chapter 16: Reading Comprehension
- Chapter 17: Test-Taking Strategies
- Chapter 18: Roadblocks to Academic Success
- Chapter 19: Study Methods
- Chapter 20: Technology Aids
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).