Hospitality & Tourism Course Syllabus
Hospitality and Tourism is an exciting look into the origins, careers, challenges and trends of this massive industry. The course explores different sectors within the industry so that students can learn which sector might interest them the most and how they can be successful working in that sector. Students will learn about the traditional careers in the industry as well as some of the new roles that have been created in recent years.
Textbook: Hospitality and Tourism - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2022
- Briefly describe the history of each major sector in the industry, such as hotels, restaurants, travel planning, event planning, theme parks, cruise ships and resorts, and transportation.
- Differentiate between different categories of hotels, restaurants, travel planning, event planning, theme parks, cruise ships and resorts, and transportation.
- List the major careers in the industry and explain each position's responsibilities.
- Describe the education and qualities of different roles in the industry.
- Identify past challenges and explain how the industry has adapted to those challenges.
- Identify future trends and describe some of the advantages and challenges of each trend.
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- Careers in Hospitality and Tourism
- Travel Planning
- Event Planning
- Theme Parks
- Cruise Ships and Resorts
- Past, Present, and Future of Hospitality and Tourism
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Chapter Quizzes…………. 35%
Written Assignments……. 35%
Mid-Term/Final Exams…. 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)