High School Honors World Geography Course
Excel High School's Honors World Geography course is a fascinating exploration of the relationship between Earth's geography and human behavior. This course takes students on a global journey, examining how the planet's physical features, active processes, and diverse climates have influenced the culture, economy, and lifestyles of people across various nations and cultures. It's an ideal course for students curious about the world and interested in understanding the geographical factors that shape our global society.
Throughout the course, students will delve into the study of Earth's continents and regions, gaining insights into the geographical characteristics that define them. The course objectives are strategically designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of geography's role in organizing and interpreting the world. Students will learn about the two main branches of geography and their applications, the art and science of mapmaking, Earth's primary energy resources and their usage, and the geographical, historical, and cultural traits of Earth's main regions. By the end of the course, students will have a broader understanding of world geography and its impact on global dynamics.
Honors World Geography
This course examines how human behavior is influenced by Earth’s geographic make-up, the active processes of the planet, and Earth’s physical features. Students will study the various nations and cultures that occupy Earth’s diverse continents and regions. In addition to Earth’s lands and oceans, this course explores how its climate and geographical features have shaped the culture and economy of the people in specific regions.
Textbook: World Geography - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
- Describe ways that the study of geography attempts to organize the world.
- Explain the two main branches of geography and their uses.
- Describe how mapmakers use special kinds of maps to organize the world.
- List and describe Earth’s main energy resources and discuss how they are used.
- Identify the geographical, historical, and cultural characteristics of Earth’s main regions.
- Describe the geography of the world's most popular languages.
- Module 1: Study of Geography & Earth Science
- Module 2: Earth Science
- Module 3: World Resources, Biomes, and Culture
- Module 4: The United States and Canada
- Module 5: Mexico and Central America
- Module 6: South America
- Module 7: Europe
- Module 8: Europe (Continued)
- Module 9: The Balkan Countries and Russia
- Module 10: Central and Southwest Asia
- Module 11: The Mediterranean and Africa
- Module 12: Africa (Continued)
- Module 13: Australia and New Zealand
- Module 14: The Pacific Islands and India
- Module 15: India (Continued)
- Module 16: China
- Module 17: China (Continued) and Japan
- Module 18: Southeast Asia
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).