High School Honors U.S. Government Course
Excel High School's Honors U.S. Government course offers students an insightful and practical understanding of the American governmental system. This course is perfect for students who are interested in politics, law, or civic engagement, as well as those who want to gain a deeper understanding of how the government operates and affects their daily lives. Starting with the origins and founding principles of the American government, the course provides a comprehensive review of the Constitution and its Amendments, laying the groundwork for an exploration of civil rights and liberties.
Students will delve into key Supreme Court decisions to understand the impact and importance of constitutional rights. The course then progresses to the functioning of government today, emphasizing the vital role of citizens in the civic process. It culminates in an examination of public policy and the roles individuals and organizations play in shaping governmental decisions. Course objectives include investigating the founding principles of the U.S. government, analyzing the civil rights and liberties of U.S. citizens, understanding the structures and procedures of local, state, and federal governments, and discovering various ways individuals can participate in government. By the end of this course, students will be well-equipped with the knowledge to actively engage in their civic duties and understand the governmental processes that impact their lives.
Honors U.S. Government
This course provides students with a practical understanding of the principles and procedures of government. The course begins by establishing the origins and founding principles of the American government. After a rigorous review of the Constitution and its Amendments, students investigate the development and extension of civil rights and liberties. Lessons also introduce influential Supreme Court decisions to demonstrate the impact and importance of constitutional rights. The course builds on this foundation by guiding students through the function of government today and the role of citizens in the civic process and culminates in an examination of public policy and the roles of citizens and organizations in promoting policy approaches.
Textbook: United States Government – © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020
- Investigate the founding principles that guided the establishment of the U.S. government.
- Analyze the civil rights and liberties that are granted to United States citizens.
- Understand the structures and procedures of local, state, and federal governments.
- Discover how you can participate in government by voting, running for office, meeting civic obligations, and petitioning your representatives.
- Module 1: Political Theory/U.S. Constitution
- America’s Foundation
- The Founding Fathers
- The Federalist Papers
- Module 2: The Constitution
- Limiting the Role of Government
- Amending the Constitution
- Freedoms Guaranteed by Bill of Rights
- Module 3: The Federalist System
- Checks and Balances
- Limits on National and State Governments
- Module 4: Three Branches of Government
- Structure/Functions of the Branches
- Presidential Election Procedures
- Court Cases and Guaranteed Rights
- Module 5: Governmental Policies
- Fiscal and Regulatory Policies
- Government and Free Enterprise
- Policies and their Effects
- Module 6: The Political Process
- Voting and Public Office
- Political Parties/Electoral Process
- Rights and Obligations of Citizens
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).