High School Honors Physical Science Course
Excel High School's Honors Physical Science course offers students a dynamic and comprehensive introduction to the world of physical science. Designed to expand students' understanding beyond basic concepts, this course delves into more intricate and abstract topics such as atom structure, motion and forces, energy and matter conservation, the principles of action and reaction, and wave behavior. It's an ideal program for students who are eager to build a solid foundation in physical science and gain a deeper understanding of the natural world.
What sets this course apart is its practical approach to learning. Students have the opportunity to explore and apply physical science concepts through engaging Virtual Labs. These interactive experiences not only reinforce theoretical learning but also encourage hands-on experimentation and inquiry. Course objectives include using the kinetic theory to describe states of matter, understanding energy conservation in chemical reactions, studying the properties of acids and bases, and making calculations related to motion. Students will also delve into the fundamentals of Newton’s Laws of Motion and explore various physical science concepts, including atomic models, electromagnetism, buoyancy, and electricity. This course is perfect for students looking to pursue careers in science or engineering or those who have a natural curiosity about how the world works.
Honors Physical Science
This course is designed to provide students the necessary skills to have a richer knowledge base in physical science. In addition to basic physical science concepts, this course also includes more abstract concepts such as the conceptualization of the structure of atoms, motion and forces, the conservation of energy and matter, the action/reaction principle, and wave behavior. In this course, students also investigate physical science concepts through engaging Virtual Labs.
Textbook: Physical Science - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
- Using the kinetic theory, describe the behavior of solids, liquids, and gases.
- Explain how energy is conserved during chemical reactions.
- Describe the properties of acids and bases.
- Make calculations involving speed, distance, time, slope, velocities, and acceleration.
- Explain and apply Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Describe concepts of physical science, such as: atomic models, simple machines, force, electromagnetism, buoyancy, work and energy, waves, light, and electricity.
- Module 1: Intro to Physical Science
- Module 2: Measurement Tools in Science
- Module 3: The Nature of Matter
- Module 4: Atomic and Quantum Theory
- Module 5: Basics of Chemistry
- Module 6: Chemical Equations and Reactions
- Module 7: Chemical Solutions
- Module 8: Acids and Bases
- Module 9: Nuclear Chemistry
- Module 10: Physics Basics
- Module 11: Newtonian Physics
- Module 12: Physical Forces
- Module 13: Machines
- Module 14: Energy
- Module 15: Thermodynamics
- Module 16: Waves
- Module 17: Light
- Module 18: Electricity
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).