High School Honors Chemistry Course
Excel High School's Honors Chemistry course offers a comprehensive and engaging journey into the world of chemistry. Designed as a full-year course, it provides students with a deep understanding of matter's composition, properties, changes, and interactions. This course is perfect for students who are curious about the world around them and interested in the scientific principles that govern it. The curriculum covers a wide array of topics including electrochemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, nuclear chemistry, and the practical applications of chemistry in everyday life. Through this course, students gain valuable insights into the scientific methods of chemistry, including scientific thinking, precise measurements, and the use of mathematics as a vital tool for solving complex chemical problems.
The Honors Chemistry course at Excel High School is structured to not only provide knowledge but also to develop critical thinking skills. Students will explore the development of atomic theory, delve into the relationships between elements on the periodic table, and understand chemical reactions in real-world contexts. The course objectives are geared towards building a strong foundation in chemistry that is essential for advanced studies in science and related fields. It's an ideal course for students aiming to excel in STEM areas or for those who have a keen interest in understanding the chemical makeup of the world around them.
This rigorous, full-year course engages students in the study of the composition, properties, changes, and interactions of matter. The components of this course include chemistry and its methods, the composition and properties of matter, changes and interactions of matter, factors affecting the interactions of matter, electrochemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, nuclear chemistry, mathematical applications, and applications of chemistry in the real world.
Textbook: Chemistry Principles - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2019
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Understand and apply the methods of chemistry: scientific thinking, measurements, and using mathematics as a tool for logically solving chemistry problems.
- Describe the composition and properties of matter as well as the changes that matter undergoes.
- Trace the development of the atomic theory.
- Examine the relationship between the elements on the periodic table.
- Describe chemical reactions and interactions in real-world applications.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Chemistry Principles
- Chapter 2: Matter and Change
- Chapter 3: Measurement
- Chapter 4: Atomic Structure
- Chapter 5: Electrons in Atoms
- Chapter 6: The Periodic Table
- Chapter 7: Chemical Nomenclature
- Chapter 8: Ionic and Metallic Bonding
- Chapter 9: Covalent Bonding
- Chapter 10: The Mole
- Chapter 11: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 12: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 13: States of Matter
- Chapter 14: The Properties of Gases
- Chapter 15: Water
- Chapter 16: Solutions
- Chapter 17: Thermochemistry
- Chapter 18: Kinetics
- Chapter 19: Chemical Equilibrium
- Chapter 20: Entropy and Free Energy
- Chapter 21: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 22: Oxidation Reduction Reactions
- Chapter 23: Electrochemistry
- Chapter 24: Nuclear Chemistry
- Chapter 25: Organic Chemistry
- Chapter 26: Biochemistry
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).