Forensic Science Course Syllabus
This introductory Forensic Science course offers the student an opportunity to explore the basics of how and why forensic science is used today around the world. If you have ever watched a Crime Scene Investigation show, this course will teach you about the different types of evidence used and how the evidence is analyzed to draw conclusions. This course covers a wide variety of different types of forensic investigations and reports, and concludes by exploring some of the most famous forensic cases in history.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe forensic sciences and summarize the history of the field.
- Explain the components and procedure of processing a crime scene.
- Describe the proper way to collect evidence and maintain the chain of custody.
- Explain the types of physical evidence that can be collected from a crime scene.
- Explain the importance of physical evidence analysis and objectivity.
- Describe the critical role evidence plays in criminal trials.
- List and explain the many types of commonly used forensic investigations.
1: An Introduction to Forensic Sciences
2: Collecting Physical Evidence
3: Analyzing Physical Evidence
4: Investigating the Crime Scene
5: Types of Evidence
6: Investigative Techniques
7: Types of Forensic Investigation Part 1
8: Types of Forensic Investigation Part 2
9: Forensic Case Studies
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments..... 35%
Final Exam ………………..... 30%