Online Middle School Math 8 Syllabus
Math 8 focuses on an introduction to algebraic concepts. The course explores Properties of Exponents, Solving equations, Linear relationships, Graphs, Functions, Systems of Linear Equations, and Data analysis. Students will develop strong procedural skills, problem-solving, and critical reasoning skills. The first half of Math 8 covers principles of exponents, variables, solving equations, and Ratios & Rates. The second half of the course explores introductory geometry concepts, data analysis, functions, and systems of linear equations.
Textbook: Math 8 - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Apply the properties of exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions.
- Solve multi-step equations in one variable in real-world and mathematical situations.
- Understand the concept of linear functions in real-world and mathematical situations.
- Identify and apply characteristics of linear equations.
- Represent and interpret data from different types of graphs and charts.
- Solve systems of linear equations in two variables symbolically, graphically, and numerically.
- Apply transformations of shapes and linear equations.
1: Exponents and Radicals
2: Evaluating Expressions with a Variable
3: Solving Equations I
4: Solving Equations II
5: Applications of Solving Equations
6: Ratios, Rates, and Conversions
15: Systems of Equations II
8: The Pythagorean Theorem
9: Calculating Volume
10: Representing Data I
11: Representing Data II
12: Functions & Linear Equations
13: Applications of Lines
14: Systems of Equations I