High School Honors Physical Science
This course is designed to provide students the necessary skills to have a richer knowledge base in physical science. In addition to basic physical science concepts, this course also includes more abstract concepts such as the conceptualization of the structure of atoms, motion and forces, the conservation of energy and matter, the action/reaction principle, and wave behavior. In this course, students also investigate physical science concepts through engaging Virtual Labs.
Textbook: Physical Science - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
* Using the kinetic theory, describe the behavior of solids, liquids, and gases.
* Explain how energy is conserved during chemical reactions.
* Describe the properties of acids and bases.
* Make calculations involving speed, distance, time, slope, velocities, and acceleration.
* Explain and apply Newton’s Laws of Motion.
* Describe concepts of physical science, such as: atomic models, simple machines, force, electromagnetism, buoyancy, work and energy, waves, light, and electricity.
Module 1: Intro to Physical Science
Module 2: Measurement Tools in Science
Module 3: The Nature of Matter
Module 4: Atomic and Quantum Theory
Module 5: Basics of Chemistry
Module 6: Chemical Equations and Reactions
Module 7: Chemical Solutions
Module 8: Acids and Bases
Module 9: Nuclear Chemistry
Module 10: Physics Basics
Module 11: Newtonian Physics
Module 12: Physical Forces
Module 13: Machines
Module 14: Energy
Module 15: Thermodynamics
Module 16: Waves
Module 17: Light
Module 18: Electricity
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%