High School Physical Science Course
Step into the ever-evolving realm of Environmental Science with Excel High School's immersive online course. Designed to open students' eyes to the delicate interplay of nature's elements, this course provides an in-depth exploration of our planet's ecosystems, from the verdant forests underfoot to the vast blue expanse above. More than just theory, our curriculum connects foundational scientific concepts with pressing real-world challenges, enabling students to see the direct impact of human actions on our shared environment.
Every module is a journey, guiding learners from the fundamental interrelationships within the natural world to the intricate dance of energy cycles. With the backdrop of current environmental dilemmas, students will model real-world scenarios, forecasting potential outcomes of specific human actions. By course's end, students won't just understand the changing trends in human demographics and their effect on the environment; they'll be equipped to advocate for informed choices that can safeguard our planet for generations to come. Embrace a future where you can make a difference, starting with a deeper understanding of the world we inhabit.
High School Physical Science
Environmental science is a captivating and rapidly expanding field, and this course offers compelling lessons that cover many different aspects of the field: ecology, the biosphere, land, forests and soil, water, energy and resources, and societies and policy. Through unique activities and material, high school students connect scientific theory and concepts to current, real-world dilemmas, providing them with opportunities for mastery in each of the segments throughout the semester.
Textbook: Environmental Science - Excel Education Systems, Inc. 2023
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Understand the interrelationships in the natural world.
- Examine the natural cycles of energy flow and evaluate how human interaction affects these cycles.
- Model real-world phenomena and determine possible consequences of specific actions.
- Defend the best choices to protect the environment with changing trends in human demographics.
- Interpret evidence and communicate scientifically about environmental conditions and hazards.
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Environmental Science
- Chapter 2: Understanding Our Environment
- Chapter 3: Using the Scientific Method and Models
- Chapter 4: Our Changing Earth
- Chapter 5: Organization of Living Things
- Chapter 6: Ecosystems
- Chapter 7: Biomes
- Chapter 8: Aquatic Ecosystems
- Chapter 9: Exploring Populations
- Chapter 10: Understanding Human Populations
- Chapter 11: What is Biodiversity?
- Chapter 12: Water Resources
- Chapter 13: Air and Pollution
- Chapter 14: Earth's Climate
- Chapter 15: Land Use and Conservation
- Chapter 16: Agriculture and Food
- Chapter 17: Earth's Mineral Resources
- Chapter 18: Nonrenewable Energy Sources
- Chapter 19: Renewable Energy Sources
- Chapter 20: Waste Management
- Chapter 21: Human Health and The Environment
- Chapter 22: Politics, Economics, and The Environment
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).