English 12 British Literature Online
Dedicated to creating effective and adaptable readers and writers, English 12 serves as a culmination of the English curriculum at Excel High School. It provides rigorous training in the foundations of English Language Arts skills and strategies while using core English language foundations, to expand on and apply traditional concepts to modern, 21st-century demands. Offering practical lessons in techniques such as visualizing, making inferences and predictions and recognizing, organizational patterns in online texts, this course focuses on literature selections from Great Britain as its foundation.
Textbooks: English 12 British Literature – Excel Education Systems, Inc. ©
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Read increasingly complex British literature with fluency and comprehension.
- Develop advanced strategies for creating and analyzing oral and written communication.
- Apply advanced literary analysis and grammatical theories.
- Develop a critical literary approach to literature and communication.
- Practice and apply visual, listening, reading, and writing fluency skills.
Unit 1: The Origins of a Nation
Unit 2: A Celebration of Human Achievement
Unit 3: Tradition and Reason
Unit 4: Emotion and Experimentation
Unit 5: An Era of Rapid Change
Unit 6: New Ideas, New Voices
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments..... 30%
Final Exam ………………..... 40%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)