Electrical Engineering Online High School
This introductory Electrical Engineering course provides the student with a broad overview of electrical basics. Topics include the electric circuit, solving circuits, measuring electricity, and electricity standards. Specific laws and theorems are studied, such as Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff’s Law, Thévenin’s Theorem, Norton’s Theorem, Superposition Theorem, and Millman’s Theorem. Basic, everyday items and how they use electricity, are also discussed.
Textbook: Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020©
- Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe why electricity is important to modern-day life.
- Explain the basic operation of an electrical circuit.
- Describe basic electrical applications, such as the light bulb, magnets, and heat.
- Explain the significance of Ohm’s Law and Kirchhoff’s Law on the study of electricity.
- Describe the laws and theorems that allow circuits to be solved.
- Discuss how electric circuits are described and analyzed.
- Explain how everyday items use electricity.
- Describe direct and alternating current motors and the worldwide Electric Standards.
1: Electricity Basics
2: The Electric Circuit
3: Electrical Applications
4: Advanced Circuitry
5: Solving Circuits
6: Measuring Electricity
7: How Does That Work? (Part 1)
8: How Does That Work? (Part 2)
9: Electric Standards
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments..... 35%
Final Exam ………………..... 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)