STEM Electrical Engineering Course
In today's electrified world, understanding the basics of electrical engineering is both fascinating and critical. Excel High School's STEM - Electrical Engineering course offers a comprehensive journey into the heart of electrical concepts and their real-world applications. This foundational course shines a spotlight on essential topics like electric circuits, the art of solving circuits, electricity measurements, and globally recognized electricity standards. Furthermore, students delve deep into fundamental laws and theorems that have shaped the domain, including the celebrated Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff’s Law, and a collection of other pivotal theorems.
Guided by Excel Education Systems' bespoke textbook, students embark on an academic voyage, unlocking the magic behind everyday electrical marvels. From understanding the genius of a light bulb to unraveling the science behind magnets and heating, learners will gain a holistic appreciation of how electricity permeates modern life. Additionally, the course offers insights into direct and alternating current motors, as well as a deep dive into global Electric Standards, ensuring students are well-equipped for both academic and real-world electrical challenges.
STEM Electrical Engineering
This introductory Electrical Engineering course provides the student with a broad overview of electrical basics. Topics include the electric circuit, solving circuits, measuring electricity, and electricity standards. Specific laws and theorems are studied, such as Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff’s Law, Thévenin’s Theorem, Norton’s Theorem, Superposition Theorem, and Millman’s Theorem. Basic, everyday items and how they use electricity, are also discussed.
Textbook: Electrical Engineering © Excel Education Systems, Inc. 2023
- Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Describe why electricity is important to modern-day life.
- Explain the basic operation of an electrical circuit.
- Describe basic electrical applications, such as the light bulb, magnets, and heat.
- Explain the significance of Ohm’s Law and Kirchhoff’s Law on the study of electricity.
- Describe the laws and theorems that allow circuits to be solved.
- Discuss how electric circuits are described and analyzed.
- Explain how everyday items use electricity.
- Describe direct and alternating current motors and the worldwide Electric Standards.
- Chapter 1: Electricity Basics
- Chapter 2: The Electric Circuit
- Chapter 3: Electrical Applications
- Chapter 4: Advanced Circuitry
- Chapter 5: Solving Circuits
- Chapter 6: Measuring Electricity
- Chapter 7: How Does That Work? (Part 1)
- Chapter 8: How Does That Work? (Part 2)
- Chapter 9: Electric Standards
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).