Digital Photography Online – Course Syllabus
This one-semester online Digital Photography course offers an opportunity to learn the elements of art and photography, how to navigate typical camera settings, as well as how to employ photo composition techniques that will enhance photos. This will include the essentials regarding camera exposure, aperture, ISO, shutter speed, as well as programmed modes that many cameras have. Students will also have the opportunity to apply the concepts they learn with the goal of building a photography portfolio at the end of the course.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020
Throughout the course, you will:
- Explore the capabilities of your digital camera and optimal ways to use it.
- Discover the pillars of exposure in photography: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO; and how they each are individually used for photographic effect.
- Identify and apply photo composition techniques that will help you to naturally frame more aesthetically pleasing photos.
- Develop an awareness of how to arrange and frame a scene for beautiful photos.
- Study best ways to apply concepts to specific photography genres and events where photo-taking scenarios.
Chapter 1: An Introduction to Digital Photography
Chapter 2: Exposure
Chapter 3: Camera Shooting Modes
Chapter 4: Photo Composition
Chapter 5: Direction and Movement
Chapter 6: Light and Shadow
Chapter 7: Milieu Photography
Chapter 8: People Photography
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Final Exam ………………. 30%