Criminology - Online High School Criminal Justice Course (Coming soon!
Why do people commit crimes? In this course, students are introduced to the basic concepts of criminology, which is the study of criminal behavior. Students will learn about the different types of crime and why and who usually commits them. Whether you plan on pursuing a career in law or law enforcement, psychology, crime scene investigation, or just want to understand why some people behave the way they do, this course will provide a fascinating look at this growing field of study.
Textbook: Criminology - © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2021
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Define criminology and list the major classifications of criminal offenses.
- Describe how neighborhoods become disorganized and how it affects crime rates.
- Explain how learning theories explain crime.
- List ways in which anomie and strain theories explain crime and its sources.
- Describe control theories and ways in which they differ from strain and learning theories.
- Differentiate between static and dynamic factors and discuss the traits of effective and ineffective rehabilitation programs.
1: Criminology Introduction
2: Crime and Societies
3: Crime and the Community
4: Crime and Group Culture
7: Crime Risk Factors
8: Juvenile Crime
9: How Crime Affects Society
10: The Justice System
Written Project......... 35%
Final Exam......... 30%
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)