Computer Engineering Online Course High School
Computer Engineering is an introductory computer online STEM course that focuses on the basics of computer hardware, software, data, images, and coding. This course is designed to provide a wide, general introduction to students who are exploring computer-based or internet-based careers. Computer Engineering specifically addresses: The History of Computers, Analog vs. Digital Information, Data Protocols, Converting Images, and Coding Basics.
Textbook: © Excel Education Systems, Inc. - 2020
- Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Explain the history of the development of the modern-day computer.
- Describe the difference between digital and analog information.
- Explain how to use protocols to organize information.
- Describe the process of converting images to bits.
- Explain the basics of sound production and how it is described.
- List and explain the different types of coding and how they are used.
- Explain the applications of the various types of data transmission.
|Module||1: Computer Basics||Module||6: Understanding Sound|
|2: Data Protocols||7: Data Transmission|
|3: Images and Innovations||8: Data in the New Age|
|4: Coding and Compression||9: Internet-Based Information|
|5: Audio/Video Compression and Conversion|
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Written Assignments..... 35%
Final Exam ………………..... 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)