Getting into College

Have you considered going back to college, but found it to be challenging without a high school diploma or GED? Don’t fret. Many adults are in the same boat. In order to get into college and to secure financial aid, you will need either a State issued GED, a High School Diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate. You will also need to be sure that your GED or Online High School Equivalency Certificate comes from a reputable high school. One sure sign of a reputable high school is the quality of their accreditation. Regional accreditation, States’ accreditation or DETC accreditation are what your school must have in order to ensure that you will be able to get accepted into college.

Regional accreditation is typically revered as the preferred accreditation by colleges for acceptance. When considering an online GED program, ask the high school if their accreditation is recognized by the State or US Department of Education. If the school responds “yes”, then you should ask the name of the accrediting agency; and check with them directly to confirm. When a high school is Regionally accredited, you can also be assured that you will be able to attend any community college. At the University level, entrance requirements can vary and include: specific GPA, SAT or ACT scores, foreign language, math, science and admissions testing.

Excel High School has professional counselors on staff; and we are well prepared to help you select a college that matches both your career and educational goals. Our purpose is to help students complete a high school program and successfully enter a post-secondary environment. We believe that our regionally accredited high school programs are the best option for students seeking a high school diploma, equivalency certificate or GED program.


Ready to start your journey with Excel High School?

It's simple. Just click the button below and we will help you begin!