Biology Online High School
A compelling, thorough course, Biology Foundations engages students in the study of life and living organisms and examines biology and biochemistry in the real world. This course encompasses traditional concepts in biology and encourages exploration of new discoveries in this field of science. The components include biochemistry, cell biology, heredity and reproduction, the evolution of life, classification, and the first four kingdoms, plant and animal kingdoms, human body systems, and ecology.
Textbook: Biology Foundations - Excel Education Systems, Inc.
Throughout the course, you will meet the following goals:
- Understand the relationships among living organisms.
- Describe the functions and processes that control cellular activities.
- Trace the discoveries and scientific thought that increase the application of new technology in the field of DNA and genetics.
- Examine the taxonomy that organizes all organisms
- Recognize the structures and functions of systems of the human body.
- Relate the interdependence of ecosystems and environmental issues.
1: Cell Biology: An Overview (Ch. 1-7)
2: Genetics and Biology (Ch. 8-12)
3: Theory and Study of Evolution (Ch. 13-15)
4: Ecology in Practice (Ch. 16-19)
5: Diversity in the Biological World (Ch. 20-23)
6: Characteristics of Plants (Ch. 24-27)
7: Invertebrates and Their Traits (Ch. 28-32)
8: The World of Vertebrates (Ch.33-37)
9: Human Biology: An Overview (Ch. 38-44)
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
Final Exam ………………. 30%
Need more online high school courses (Click Here)