High School Art History Course
Excel High School’s Art History course provides an illuminating survey of artistic achievement from the dawn of creation to the threshold of modernity. Embarking on a chronological voyage beginning with the mystic expressions of Prehistoric Art and journeying through the centuries to the rich tapestry of African art in the 1700s, students will explore the enduring legacies of the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Japanese, and Native Americans. This course is meticulously designed to hone students' skills in perception, comprehension, and appreciation, enabling them to unlock the visual languages of diverse art forms.
Through the exploration of the Boundless Art History textbook, students are not merely observers of art; they become active participants in the dialogue it inspires. They learn to navigate the intellectual currents and aesthetic philosophies that define each era's visual expressions. With objectives that include dissecting the multifaceted purposes of art and understanding its communicative power, this course goes beyond surface appreciation. It investigates the profound impact that art has had in shaping civilizations and societies, urging students to consider not just the beauty of art, but its role as a mirror reflecting the human experience across time.
High School Art History
This two-semester, art history course begins with Prehistoric Art and continues up through African art in the 1700s. It covers the influential art of the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Japanese, and Native Americans. This course seeks to develop skills in perception, comprehension, and appreciation when dealing with a variety of visual art forms. Most importantly, the course fosters an understanding of how art has influenced cultures and societies as a whole.
Textbook: Art History (Boundless)
- Explore the processes that can be used to discuss and analyze works of art
- Understand the intellectual, aesthetic, utilitarian, and communication purposes of art
- Analyze the perspectives behind the meaning of art
- Examine how art has influenced cultures and societies throughout history
- Chapter 1: Thinking and Talking About Art
- Chapter 2: Prehistoric Art
- Chapter 3: Art of the Ancient Near East
- Chapter 4: Ancient Egyptian Art
- Chapter 5: Art of the Aegean Civilizations
- Chapter 6: Ancient Greece
- Chapter 7: The Etruscans
- Chapter 8: The Romans
- Chapter 9: The Byzantines
- Chapter 10: Islamic Art
- Chapter 11: Art of South and Southeast Asia Before 1200
- Chapter 12: Chinese and Korean Art Before 1279
- Chapter 13: Japan Before 1333
- Chapter 14: Native-American Art Before 1300
- Chapter 15: Africa Before 1800
A = 90-100%
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = under 59%
How Much Does It Cost?
Standard high school courses are priced at an affordable $225 each. This cost-effective rate makes quality education accessible for every student.
Enrolling is Easy!
Begin the Enrollment Process
When you're ready to take the next step towards your education, simply click 'Enroll Now'. This will direct you to our dedicated student information system, Learnstage. Once there, simply click 'Enroll Now' located in the top right corner of the page.
Create Your Learn Stage Account
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This process begins with entering a valid email address and selecting a secure password. Following this, you'll be prompted to provide some essential information such as the students full name, date of birth, and address. On the last page, you will be asked to choose a security question.
Single course options at Excel High School range in price depending on their difficulty. Single course prices are below:
- Standard High School Courses: $225
- Honors High School Courses: $325
- (AP) High School Courses: $599
You're Ready To Start!
Once your payment has been received, you'll get an email with your student account details. This will be your portal to submit any previous academic transcripts, view vital account information, and navigate other critical resources. Your classes will be added automatically and adjusted based on your submitted transcripts (if applicable).